Two comments: Going unreported is the fact that these internal attacks are confined to certain individuals/units of the Afghan forces and are not reflective of Afghan forces in general. (The problem stems from having tried to construct Afghan governmental structures from the top down instead of from the bottom up. ie; building a unitary system rather than a federal one.) Our precipitous withdrawal from Afghanistan will leave the loyal Afghans in an untenable position while giving the treasonous ones enhanced capabilities. The American public is not being told these facts, thinks most Afghans hate us and thus considers abandonment of reliable allies the propoer course of action. This can lead to disaster.
HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- When our Fox News team left for Afghanistan last week, there was a palpable sense of imminent calamity in the air. Gloom and doom news from here is now a staple in our so-called mainstream media. Reports of "green-on-blue," or insider, attacks by our Afghan allies against American and NATO troops are depicted as a sure sign of mission failure and portend of worse to come. Commentaries, columns and "analysis" from "experts" urging our political and military leaders to "get out now" routinely grace our print and broadcast outlets. The terms "betrayed," "cut our losses" and "minimize...
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago