Two comments: Going unreported is the fact that these internal attacks are confined to certain individuals/units of the Afghan forces and are not reflective of Afghan forces in general. (The problem stems from having tried to construct Afghan governmental structures from the top down instead of from the bottom up. ie; building a unitary system rather than a federal one.) Our precipitous withdrawal from Afghanistan will leave the loyal Afghans in an untenable position while giving the treasonous ones enhanced capabilities. The American public is not being told these facts, thinks most Afghans hate us and thus considers abandonment of reliable allies the propoer course of action. This can lead to disaster.
HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- When our Fox News team left for Afghanistan last week, there was a palpable sense of imminent calamity in the air. Gloom and doom news from here is now a staple in our so-called mainstream media. Reports of "green-on-blue," or insider, attacks by our Afghan allies against American and NATO troops are depicted as a sure sign of mission failure and portend of worse to come. Commentaries, columns and "analysis" from "experts" urging our political and military leaders to "get out now" routinely grace our print and broadcast outlets. The terms "betrayed," "cut our losses" and "minimize...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 5 hours ago