US Drug laws should be repealed. But doing so will NOT end the violence in Mexico. The cartels are not about control of the drug trade, they are about control of Mexico. When PAN whupped PRI in 2000, the long-standing corruption simply let cartels replace local political machines with their own people. Were the cartels to have a 100% loss of new revenue they have enough cash and armaments stashed away to continue current levels of violence 3 to 5 years and the bargain-basement variety of insurgency for many years thereafter. The idea that the USA created the long-standing mal-culture of Mexico is as ludicrous as the Obama-Holder fast and furious charges.
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 32 minutes ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago