US Drug laws should be repealed. But doing so will NOT end the violence in Mexico. The cartels are not about control of the drug trade, they are about control of Mexico. When PAN whupped PRI in 2000, the long-standing corruption simply let cartels replace local political machines with their own people. Were the cartels to have a 100% loss of new revenue they have enough cash and armaments stashed away to continue current levels of violence 3 to 5 years and the bargain-basement variety of insurgency for many years thereafter. The idea that the USA created the long-standing mal-culture of Mexico is as ludicrous as the Obama-Holder fast and furious charges.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 5 hours ago