Put another way, 20 percent of U.S. households are on food stamps. What could possibly go wrong? Via CNS News:
The latest available data from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) shows that a record number 23 million households in the United States are now on food stamps.
The most recent Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP) statistics of the number of households receiving food stamps shows that 23,087,886 households participated in January 2013 - an increase of 889,154 families from January 2012 when the number of households totaled 22,188,732.
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 11 minutes ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago