Put another way, 20 percent of U.S. households are on food stamps. What could possibly go wrong? Via CNS News:
The latest available data from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) shows that a record number 23 million households in the United States are now on food stamps.
The most recent Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP) statistics of the number of households receiving food stamps shows that 23,087,886 households participated in January 2013 - an increase of 889,154 families from January 2012 when the number of households totaled 22,188,732.
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago