The Holier-Than-Thou-GOP attitude is what will lose elections, not Todd Akins or the Sea of Galilee Swim Club --at the point of being redundant-- GIVE IT A REST. Don't tell me you or someone you know hasn't had his life destroyed by a woman who LIED about being raped or sexually molested. I HAVE and I know that it destroys people, it destroys families, it destroys futures. Disproving a lie is fruitless: When did YOU stop beating your spouse? Taking offense at Todd Akin's statements is offensive and Hate Speech as far as I'm concerned. It's conduct unbecoming a Conservative. It's a distraction and gives the Democrats fodder to attack Republicans. THIS THING HAS BEEN OVER-BLOWN. If the apology had been accepted, it would be OLD NEWS.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 48 minutes ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago