Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
Rightly so. Government finance is the most righteous form of finance and the closest to the constitution, at least as it has evolved in modern times. Family and business finances are controlled by too many individuals which creates an uncontrollable phenomenon of confusion and fluctuations. Central government control of financing creates a more constant, less confusing, and less fluctuating set of circumstances. It also guarantees fairness to all.
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago