It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
CONGRESS-PERSON ... EACH COSTS TAXPAYERS OVER 1 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR ... not merely $174,000 It is over 1 million dollars each per year due to Junkets to Nowhere & weekly home trips. This added amount is derived from the cost of junkets to nowhere mostly for sightseeing purposes. Added to this are some 50 trips per year aboard military aircraft (Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid among others) to and from their home districts each weekend. Add it all up and for each Congress-person this tallies to over 1 Million dollars per year. They silently conceal such while hoping you don't learn of the above.
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 54 minutes ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago