Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
SECESSION... A NEAR DISASTER IN 1861 WOULD TODAY BE TOTAL ONE ... especially for land locked states that would be extorted in order to pass goods through others to sea ports. For the United States to become a land of many nations would be ruinous for each. The tiny state sized individual 'nations' would do no better in resolving their economic and social woes than they are today in being a member of this vast and unified single nation. Buyer beware...
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 3 hours ago