Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
SECESSION... A NEAR DISASTER IN 1861 WOULD TODAY BE TOTAL ONE ... especially for land locked states that would be extorted in order to pass goods through others to sea ports. For the United States to become a land of many nations would be ruinous for each. The tiny state sized individual 'nations' would do no better in resolving their economic and social woes than they are today in being a member of this vast and unified single nation. Buyer beware...
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 7 hours ago