How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
RIGHTS ARE BESTOWED BY A CREATOR RESULTING IN EQUALITY BEING NECESSARILY... "SELF EVIDENT" ... yet the above appears nowhere within any version of the Bible, Torah or Qur'an. Instead and within only the Bible and Torah is it presented by God to man... the Ten Commandments. Christians and Jews believe in the Ten Commandments (whereas Islamics do not). Christians further believe in a Holy Trinity (however Jews and Islamics do not as also do both groups disavow the Divinity of Christ and deny that He was the prophesied Messiah of Old Testament... relegating Him to but human stature and as but a mere prophet and thus 'equal' to Mohammed).
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago