In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
Jack2894... If my post is beyond your 'certifiable' comprehension then let me know and I will try to dumb it further down for you. You're welcome.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago