In his post-presidential years, George W. Bush has generally avoided getting involved in the daily political scene, instead focusing on private and philanthropic endeavors from his home base in Texas. Today, however, President Bush delivered one of his rare public policy speeches at the George W. Bush Presidential Center's conference on "Tax Policies for 4 Percent Growth" in New York City. Besides a bit of self-deprecating humor and personal reminiscing on the privilege of being commander-in-chief, the former president also offered up some wise words on the current "fairness"/"tax the rich" policy debate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago