New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
So, it is not the firearms, but the people behind them.
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 34 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago