Their own plan doesn't even come close to balancing, of course, and they're not interested in other ideas to get there. The first Republican amendment they torpedoed yesterday called for increasing federal spending at a clip of "only" 3.4 percent per year over the next decade, rather than the major acceleration that Democrats have advanced. The second proposed making it more procedurally difficult to pass a budget that does not balance with ten years. Watch as each Democrat-aligned committee member votes in lockstep against these provisions. Make no mistake, they are explicitly rejecting a balanced federal budget (the...
In response to:
The fact that Reed put Patty Murray in charge of the budget committee is proof that he is not serious on producing a legitimate budget. Patty Murray couldn't figure how to get out of a dark room with light leaks around the windows and doors.
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago