There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
Jay P writes: "It's pretty amazing that for a group that's so adherent to the Constitution, they choose to ignore the fact that the postal service is written into that same document!" Funny, my copy of the constitution doesn't mention Postal Service, Mail, USPS or anything related to that service at all. Liberals are the best at making out and out lies to support their position, especially when they know nothing of the topic.
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago