As previously reported, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid won't bring Senator Dianne Feinstein's assault weapons ban legislation to the Senate floor as part of a larger gun control package but rather will give her an opportunity to offer it as an amendment. Why? Reid couldn't round up even 40 votes for the darn thing. Feinstein, who says this legislation is "very important to her," said on CNN yesterday that it will be a betrayal to her if Reid doesn't bring up the legislation for a vote. Apparently, Feinstein left a meeting with Reid yesterday confident a vote would be...
The following indicates how far the democrats (and some republicans) have strayed from the mindset of the founders. The mindset that made this country great. “An honest man [person] can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens.” --Thomas Jefferson Now tell me with a straight face that this administration does not feel pleasure in lording over us. Show me one that is honest.
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 14 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago