Colt’s Manufacturing doesn’t want to leave Connecticut—a state its called home for 175 years—but the company may be forced to if new gun laws are passed. The legislature is currently debating a number of proposals including an expanded assault weapon ban, ammunition restrictions, a new gun offender registry and a ban on bulk purchases of handguns, according to Fox News.
“Colt has manufactured the commercial semi-automatic version of the AR since 1963,” the company’s President and CEO Dennis Veilleux wrote in a recent
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago