1 - 8

Analysis: D.C. Decriminalizes Marijuana

Nunya9 Wrote: Apr 02, 2014 9:34 AM
faoman, it takes a boatload of arrogance to declare that the citizens can pick and choose what they pay for with their taxes. Let's not forget that a person has to be totally innumerate to declare that the only way that they're going to agree to not have to pay the $19 out of $20 squandered on the enforcement of an unjust law is that they also be released from having to pay the $1 out of $20 allegedly spent on a safety net. You'll pay what your told, when your told. You're in lala land if you think otherwise. Toodles!

Analysis: D.C. Decriminalizes Marijuana

Nunya9 Wrote: Apr 02, 2014 9:28 AM
Sure Dan, it's called the United States Constitution. Immigration is the bailiwick of the Federal government. Micromanaging the lives of the citizenry is not. " Respondent's local cultivation and consumption of marijuana is not "Commerce ... among the several States." Certainly no evidence from the founding suggests that "commerce" included the mere possession of a good or some personal activity that did not involve trade or exchange for value. In the early days of the Republic, it would have been unthinkable that Congress could prohibit the local cultivation, possession, and consumption of marijuana." ~~ Justice Clarence Thomas in dissent, Raich v Gonzalez, 545 U.S. 1 (2005) You might want to consider that you're in desperate need of a check up from the neck up if you actually read the article. The very first line says "On Monday, the mayor of DC signed legislation decriminalizing ...." Perhaps if you quit thinking that you know everything, then you wouldn't be so clueless.

5 Reasons Marijuana Should Remain Illegal

Nunya9 Wrote: Jan 21, 2014 6:33 PM
art, please feel free to continue supporting prohibition. We don't need your support and we're certainly not going to be accepting second class citizen status because of your innumeracy.

5 Reasons Marijuana Should Remain Illegal

Nunya9 Wrote: Jan 21, 2014 1:48 PM
I’ve heard that there are people who abuse their own naughty parts! What kind of society would we have if that were legal?!? There would be people doing that when they’re driving! Their cars would be bouncing up and down like those hydraulic hot rods that are driven by our Country's unregistered guests! I don’t want to see people playing with their privates in public places either! It makes people go blind! I've known lots of blind people and every one of them abused their own naughty parts before they went blind! If we legalize that then we would have to let people marry their hands for crying out loud! Ooooh, I’m so excited! I asked for my hand in marriage today and it said yes! Where the heck does someone get a wedding dress for their hand?

5 Reasons Marijuana Should Remain Illegal

Nunya9 Wrote: Jan 21, 2014 1:00 PM
I've got an idea! Let's play "Ask the Prohibitionist!" Q) Mr. Prohibitionist, Mr. Prohibitionist, how does it feel to get kicked to the curb by people you think are amotivational, worthless, and unable to set and accomplish goals?? A) [crickets]

Marijuana Moves Into the Mainstream

Nunya9 Wrote: Oct 29, 2013 8:12 PM
Misery loves company, no doubt. If the powers that be were in such complete control Washington and Colorado wouldn't even had the question on their respective ballots. But wow, if I believed that re-legalization were as impossible as maber does, I sure wouldn't waste my time by even thinking about it much less comment. maber, read some history, and just how many ensconced tyrants have been forced to bend to the will of the people. If I were you I would start in the year 1215 with the signing of the Magna Carta Libertatum. Also don't forget to consider the 56 old white men at the 1st annual 4th of July picnic in Philadelphia. I'm pretty certain that the powers that be didn't like their Declaration of Independence. I hope that the nattering nabobs of negativism don't mind if we continue to "waste" our time. For something so hopeless we sure have pushed it substantially closer to being reality. I really do feel sorry for the people who think there isn't any hope.

Obama's Promise Could Send You to Prison

Nunya9 Wrote: Jan 21, 2013 12:52 PM
Perhaps people recall from high school history class that Mr. Roosevelt attempted to "stack" the SCOTUS with liberal Justices. You might also recall hearing that his attempt failed.I don't know why people make that claim. Wickard v Filburn 317 U.S. 111 (1942) is the controlling legal authority which gives the Federal government their power to enact and enforce the laws of drugs prohibition. 8 of 9 Justices that voted in favor of that decision were appointed by Mr. Roosevelt. Oh my no, he didn't succeed in "stacking" the SCOTUS. BTW the Marihuana Tax Act was struck down buy the SCOTUS in Leary V United States of America, 395 U.S. 6 (1969).

Obama's Promise Could Send You to Prison

Nunya9 Wrote: Jan 21, 2013 12:45 PM
The only thing that anyone needs to draw the conclusion that the liberals are not friends of freedom is to look at how the unconstitutional Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 came into being and the legal authority to perpetuate the power of the Federal prohibitionists. In 1937 both houses of Congress were controlled by Democrats. It was arguably the most liberal Congress in our history. Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the law into existence. Mr. Roosevelt is arguably the most liberal President in our history. I admit that I find it amusing when self identifying "conservatives" try to claim policies from Mr. Roosevelt's administration as if they represented conservative values.
1 - 8