One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
"Now tell me why I should support RMoney's tax plan!" Because he's not Obama...
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 54 minutes ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago