?? You're suggesting that the national economic boom was due to a high minimum wage?? A high minimum wage was made possible be an oil boom (and the resulting industrial boom) that coincided in America with post-WW2.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 7 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago