?? You're suggesting that the national economic boom was due to a high minimum wage?? A high minimum wage was made possible be an oil boom (and the resulting industrial boom) that coincided in America with post-WW2.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 27 mins ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 3 hours ago