AmericanLiberal lied: "But the difference is that where President Obama can see the squalor and people dying in the gutter if there is not federal assistance, you little children think that you are showing discipline and tough love--without acknowledging where the vicious cycle of destruction and death your policy ideas would lead. " Oh the humanity! Straight from the Liberal playbook, you advance the same old tired "Conservatives are heartless, cruel bastards who want poor people to suffer. Only the Messiah knows how to keep these people alive, until they can support themselves." You're in the wrong place to try to advance this lie. We've heard it a million times here, and we still cry bulls**t.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 20 mins ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 3 hours ago