I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
The right wing media was against Dr. Paul. Their conduct was despicable. Especially Bill Bennett, Mark Levin, and Michelle Medved. So then they were against liberty, limited government, sound money, the Founding Fathers, the Constitution, Christianity, Federalism, non-interventionism, peace, prudence, and wisdom. Why? Because they preferred immoral, illegal, and unjust warfare. The GOP rejected the most conservative candidate running in 2008 and 2012. And God rejected them. Then set a slave master over them as punishment. He ALWAYS does that to wicked nations. Especially wicked nations who claim his name.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago