There's a dastardly conspiracy afoot to shut down the United States Postal Service, Lefty screamer Ed Schultz has informed his MSNBC audience. The culprits? Republicans, match. The USPS recently announced its decision to end Saturday mail service, an attempt to stanch its years-long budget bleeding; the federal entity lost $16 billion in 2012. Though this move is only projected to save the Post Office roughly $2 billion annually, it's still an important nod to reality. I discussed this issue on CNBC last night, where even the liberal panelist seemed to agree that major reductions are in order and...
But that is irrelevant . The fact is it that the postal power is authorized (like the military is). And thus appropiations are legal. These things are by their very nature are NOT "economical ". Which is not to say that they should not be run economically. These essential and authorized powers were understood by the founders to be inherently unprofitable. And as such it was understood that they would have to be funded by the power to tax/tariff.
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 3 hours ago