America is on track to go bankrupt. Just like Greece. The signs are all around us. We've lost our AAA credit rating. Trillion dollar deficits are the new normal. The Fed is buying 61% of our own debt. Barack Obama's 10 year budget will leave Americans with “more debt than has been accumulated by all previous Presidents in American history combined.” Nobody on the Left or Right seems to believe we'll ever pay off all of the money we owe. Life as we know it is very close to ending and yet Americans seem to be...
In response to:
Having spent years, even decades, attempting on the whole with decreasing success to insulate my family from a variable and looming moral and economic and political consequence scenario, one thinks of the impossibility of escaping division of labor or human nature. This is not to say fatalism is justifiable, only that hardship and suffering of one sort or another are inescapable. History suggests no less.
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 48 mins ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago