The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
Here's one for ya: "Feinstenin had her ban and Columbine occurred." - Wayne LaPierre, said Sunday while advocating armed guards in schools. Hey, LaPierre: You know what else Columbine had? An armed guard. A 15-year Sheriff's deputy. He fired at the gunmen unsuccessfully. Another deputy near the scene also responded, also fired at the gunmen, but was also unsuccessful. Pray tell, what will the argument be when we have armed guards and we still have school shootings? Oh wait, already happened... Heads in the sand everyone!
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago