Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
It's not going to extremes, it is called a slippery slope. I didn't say marijuana, I said all drugs. Should all drugs be legal? Criminals will get them anyways, right? There is A religious argument about abortion, but since church and state are separate, and since I'm not talking about religion, there is also a strong political argument. It has been going on for years; I'm surprised you haven't heard. I'll ask you again, this time in simpler form: do you think abortion should be legal?
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 4 hours ago