Here's further proof that "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" was a grand misnomer: the House Ways and Means Committee has released a report revealing that the healthcare reform law provides financial incetives for companies to drop insurance coverage. The employer mandate -- requiring that companies with over 50 employees either offer insurance of a certain value or pay a fine -- actually makes it cheaper for these companies to pay the fine.
The promise that you can keep your plan if you like it? Well...that's not up to you, is it?
In total, the 71...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago