We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
Hasnt worked, but something different tried as the status quo failed. Even Ted Kennedy realized this. But I get the Bush bashing angle, it's all his fault. Cant leave w/out commenting on your Republican/Creationism shot. Are we to believe that chance or randomness begat the deterministic laws of nature? Teach kids how to think ,certainly science and math require logic, deduction,etc., and maybe they'll perform better.
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 11 minutes ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago