It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Section 8 Housing Food Stamps Energy cost reduction program... It's all out there for the taking.
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 37 minutes ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 13 hours ago