It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
"So what's your point? " To sound as stupid as possible. She's very good at it.
- It’s come to this: Obama threatens to veto Republican bills that … require him to follow the law Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago