It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
"So what's your point? " To sound as stupid as possible. She's very good at it.
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago