It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
He loves poor people so much, he is going to create Millions more. Finally something we agree on. He's wealthy. He must be disgusted with himself?
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 19 minutes ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago