Economists may not agree on much, but we all agree that economic output is a function of capital and labor. Ask a Keynesian, a Marxist, an Austrian, a monetarist, or any economist, and they’ll all agree that living standards are determined by the quality and quantity of these two factors of production.
So it should be very worrisome that there has been a big drop in the share of the population that is employed. Here’s a chart produced from Bureau of Labor Statistics data, showing labor force participation during the 21st Century.
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago