In response to:
In order to recognize Purple Hearts, In order to recognize Hasan a traitor, we would first have to recognize the war that is being fought. It is one war, waged world-wide by Islamic Jihadists, mujahadeen. The enemy is not confused. Hasan knows what the war is. What confuses us is that wars, in recent centuries have been waged by kings & nation-states against other kings & nation-states. This is not that. Like generals who fight with the previous war's tactics (e.g. WWII's Maginot Line; StonewallJackson wantng pikes), we can't imagine a war fought by people united by something other than national cause, let alone religion (the west no longer thinks religion is worth dying for). It's one war waged on many battlefronts: Afghanistan, Darfur, Iraq, Israel, Somalia. It is not a War on Terror, or Terrorists. Not all terror is part of this war (e.g., school massacres) any more than a 1944 murder in Minneapolis was part of WW2. But terror is a Jihadist guerrilla *tactic* of this war worldwide: NY, London, Boston, Spain, D.C., Philippines, Indonesia, Chechnya, India, Ft. Hood. World-wide. One could call it World War Three. If we refuse to identify it, we will keep losing it. If we declare it what it is, our victory is inevitable.
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago