In response to:
In order to recognize Purple Hearts, In order to recognize Hasan a traitor, we would first have to recognize the war that is being fought. It is one war, waged world-wide by Islamic Jihadists, mujahadeen. The enemy is not confused. Hasan knows what the war is. What confuses us is that wars, in recent centuries have been waged by kings & nation-states against other kings & nation-states. This is not that. Like generals who fight with the previous war's tactics (e.g. WWII's Maginot Line; StonewallJackson wantng pikes), we can't imagine a war fought by people united by something other than national cause, let alone religion (the west no longer thinks religion is worth dying for). It's one war waged on many battlefronts: Afghanistan, Darfur, Iraq, Israel, Somalia. It is not a War on Terror, or Terrorists. Not all terror is part of this war (e.g., school massacres) any more than a 1944 murder in Minneapolis was part of WW2. But terror is a Jihadist guerrilla *tactic* of this war worldwide: NY, London, Boston, Spain, D.C., Philippines, Indonesia, Chechnya, India, Ft. Hood. World-wide. One could call it World War Three. If we refuse to identify it, we will keep losing it. If we declare it what it is, our victory is inevitable.
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 25 mins ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago