Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
How about the 10 th? God knows the Feds are neck deep in powers reserved for the states.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 52 minutes ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago