My mother was too. My dad was a trapper and my mother did all of the skinning. We lived in a small town and had one pig a few chickens and rabbits. One day the pig got out and we were unable to catch it so my mother went in the house got the .22, put one shot into the pig and he dropped like a rock. We were planing on butchering the pig in a few weeks so we just moved up the schedule a little bit. I also had an aunt that drove a semi, this was in the late 40's. It is only city people that think women doing a "mans job" is unique, rural women have been doing the same work as men for years. My sister lived on a farm and she would drive the self propelled combine.
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 14 hours ago