My mother was too. My dad was a trapper and my mother did all of the skinning. We lived in a small town and had one pig a few chickens and rabbits. One day the pig got out and we were unable to catch it so my mother went in the house got the .22, put one shot into the pig and he dropped like a rock. We were planing on butchering the pig in a few weeks so we just moved up the schedule a little bit. I also had an aunt that drove a semi, this was in the late 40's. It is only city people that think women doing a "mans job" is unique, rural women have been doing the same work as men for years. My sister lived on a farm and she would drive the self propelled combine.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago