My mother was too. My dad was a trapper and my mother did all of the skinning. We lived in a small town and had one pig a few chickens and rabbits. One day the pig got out and we were unable to catch it so my mother went in the house got the .22, put one shot into the pig and he dropped like a rock. We were planing on butchering the pig in a few weeks so we just moved up the schedule a little bit. I also had an aunt that drove a semi, this was in the late 40's. It is only city people that think women doing a "mans job" is unique, rural women have been doing the same work as men for years. My sister lived on a farm and she would drive the self propelled combine.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 21 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 23 hours ago