My mother was too. My dad was a trapper and my mother did all of the skinning. We lived in a small town and had one pig a few chickens and rabbits. One day the pig got out and we were unable to catch it so my mother went in the house got the .22, put one shot into the pig and he dropped like a rock. We were planing on butchering the pig in a few weeks so we just moved up the schedule a little bit. I also had an aunt that drove a semi, this was in the late 40's. It is only city people that think women doing a "mans job" is unique, rural women have been doing the same work as men for years. My sister lived on a farm and she would drive the self propelled combine.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 17 hours ago