My mother was too. My dad was a trapper and my mother did all of the skinning. We lived in a small town and had one pig a few chickens and rabbits. One day the pig got out and we were unable to catch it so my mother went in the house got the .22, put one shot into the pig and he dropped like a rock. We were planing on butchering the pig in a few weeks so we just moved up the schedule a little bit. I also had an aunt that drove a semi, this was in the late 40's. It is only city people that think women doing a "mans job" is unique, rural women have been doing the same work as men for years. My sister lived on a farm and she would drive the self propelled combine.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 58 mins ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago