What is the value of what an illegal alien has stolen by entering and remaining in the United states illegally? $100, $1,000, $10,000, $50,000, $100,000, more? If a person robs a bank of $50,000 and gives the money to his child five or ten years later is this acceptable as a violation of law for which the bank robber is given amnesty? Suppose the bank robber commits no other crime, works hard, pays his taxes, cares for his family. Is this basis for allowing the bank robber to get away with the crime of bank robbery? Can his child keep the stolen money? Violation of immigration law should be taken as seriously as robbing a bank. I was a an INS Special Agent in New York City and retired as an Officer-in-Charge with the USINS (also retired)
On June 15, President Obama stepped into the Rose Garden to announce that his administration would halt deportations of illegal aliens under the age of 30 who can plausibly show they arrived in the United States before their 16th birthdays. To qualify, these illegal aliens would have to meet some minimal requirements, such as completion of high school or a GED and have no felony convictions on their records and no more than two misdemeanor convictions. In addition, beneficiaries of this administrative amnesty – about 1.4 million people, according to the Pew Hispanic Center – would eligible to receive work authorization....
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 9 hours ago