Holidays and a Mother's Love

Nori2 Wrote: Dec 18, 2014 9:37 AM
It surprised me how much I missed my parents when they died. I was a also a grown woman with a family of my own. My father was the first to pass away and he was very old and very sick and died peacefully in his sleep. What shocked me was that it wasn't the sick old man that died - it was Daddy that died. Daddy that held me as a child and listened to me and loved and protected me. Eventually, I didn't just think of him as I last saw him, but felt that I had equal access to all my memories of him. I also feel like my loving and kind Mother is with me all the time too. Christmas=family=love.
I think the a bigger issue than leaking emails are the threats being made to prevent the film from being shown and to launch 9/11 type attacks on theaters. How is that not an act of war against our freedoms?

Three Things We Learned From The CRomnibus

Nori2 Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 9:21 AM
It would be nice if the conservative base were large enough to actually win general elections. But winning over a majority may take generations and forming coalitions in the meantime. Fomenting hatred for potential allies just seems short sighted.
Ted Cruz needs to make a "behind-the-scenes" type documentary like the one made of the Romney family campaigning. Cruz just doesn't come across as sincere and likable. He may be a really good person and fun guy but he comes across as a smarmy used car salesman.

Crippling Children By Selling Them Racism

Nori2 Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 12:58 PM
I think it's so sad to tell children that they are victims of a huge repressive government and that most white people are racists. They need to know that anyone who learns to speak well, has a skill, and can behave appropriately in many different circumstances can succeed at whatever they pursue.

Congress Blocks DC Marijuana Legalization

Nori2 Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 12:53 PM
I don't think it's good for people to be encouraged to stupefy themselves with pot or booze, but there should be legitimate medical research done with it. I know cancer patients whom it has helped a great deal.

Congress Blocks DC Marijuana Legalization

Nori2 Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 12:51 PM
I don't think it's good for people to be encouraged to stupefy themselves with pot or booze, but there should be legitimate medical research done with it. I know cancer patients who it has helped a great deal.

Opinions Versus Facts

Nori2 Wrote: Dec 02, 2014 8:54 AM
When Obama was first elected I had real hope that it would be transformative in ending the notion that America is a racist country. I didn't think he would necessarily work to bring the races together, but I thought it would be undeniable that anyone can rise to the highest position in the Country. Instead his Administration seems to have actively worked to divide people even more. It's so sad.
He's electable where Ted Cruz or Sarah Palin etc would be easily mocked out of the running. He seems to be a really good person even if his record isn't perfect and would try to do what's best for the Country even if he wasn't always right. He would likely nominate decent Supreme Court Justices.
He seems like a really good person, and he's been fully vetted and knows what all the the media attacks would be and could prepare for them. None of the candidates are perfect. The documentary about him showed how likable he and his family can be and if he runs hopefully they'll do more things like that. 2016 has to have a candidate in the general election that's electable to protect the upcoming Supreme Court nominations. Hopefully 8 years will be enough time to show the advantage of a Republican majority (hopefully) and then maybe a more perfect candidate will come along in 2024.