Last week we were given a photo op about the "security" of the border from Senators John McCain and Chuck Schumer as they stood in front of the border fence near Nogales, Arizona and watched as a woman entered the country illegally right in front of them. As Allahpundit said at the time, McCain was in "pretend border-hawk mode to lay the groundwork for the big immigration debate in the Senate next month. This bill’s not going to pass if Republican voters become convinced that the GOP caucus is selling them out on border improvements in the name...
If the Berlin wall was not able to stop people from crossing over to West Berlin, why should anyone think a border in the US is going to stop people from crossing over our southern border? And with the Berlin wall, the East Germans would shoot and kill you if they saw you trying to cross into West Berlin, het people still entered West Berlin. And the East Berlin authorities did not have to worry about drug cartels.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 6 hours ago