For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
If that is true, why did a "majority" of voters vote for Obama. He after all is the creator of Obamacare.
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of whites say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 3 hours ago