In response to:
How many people believe that four years from now, out National Debt will be lower than it is today? How many people believe that in any of the fours years Obama will be President, that we will have a balanced budget
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 11 hours ago