President Obama is betting his re-election chances on convincing enough people that Americans are not taxed enough. His designated villain is millionaires - a class that virtually everybody would like to be in.
On the week that we all have the IRS and taxes on our mind, however, it is instructive to look at the bigger picture. The Tax Foundation and the Republican Study Committee offer us the following graph that shows Americans spend more on government at the federal, state, and local level that to provide the essentials of food, shelter and clothing. Yikes!
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago