Think of today's news organizations as insatiable beasts whose ravenous appetites constantly need more and more news bites, and more analysis about those news bites. The desire for more content for their viewers and readers means that they deem everything new to be newsworthy, or at least newsworthy enough...
Would we be better off or worse off if we knew what the core valuse and principals were of the candidates who seek these offices? Would we be better off or worse off if we really knew what their solution was for the big problems we faced as a country?
The challenge for modern-day campaigns is that the rapid speed of the news cycle ensures that new news is created on a daily basis, even when it is not really news. Blame the hunger for something novel and fresh that can eat up time on the 24-hour cable news channels.
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago