Think of today's news organizations as insatiable beasts whose ravenous appetites constantly need more and more news bites, and more analysis about those news bites. The desire for more content for their viewers and readers means that they deem everything new to be newsworthy, or at least newsworthy enough...
Would we be better off or worse off if we knew what the core valuse and principals were of the candidates who seek these offices? Would we be better off or worse off if we really knew what their solution was for the big problems we faced as a country?
The challenge for modern-day campaigns is that the rapid speed of the news cycle ensures that new news is created on a daily basis, even when it is not really news. Blame the hunger for something novel and fresh that can eat up time on the 24-hour cable news channels.
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 25 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago