For them, part of looking like America means race proportionality. For example, if blacks are 13 percent of the population, they should be 13 percent of college students and professors, corporate managers and...
Opportunity should be based on merit, not race or gender. Ant it doesn't matter how many degrees you have or how great your grade point average is when you interview for a professional job if you don't look professional. Piercings in your nose, lips and tongue, 18 tatts and that's just on one arm, pants that belt between your butt and your knees won't get you a job. Too many presume that as soon as they get that degree they'll be in demand for a $60 per hour position. It is your responsibility to look and act the business profile. The above descriptions might be okay for work in a tattoo parlor, warehouse or piercing business but if you want a real job you must present yourself well.
Academic intelligentsia, their media, government and corporate enthusiasts worship at the altar of diversity. Despite budget squeezes, universities have created diversity positions, such as director of diversity and inclusion, manager of diversity recruitment, associate dean for diversity, vice president of diversity and perhaps minister of diversity. This is all part of a quest to get college campuses, corporate offices and government agencies to "look like America."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 10 hours ago