Rather than socializing the medical profession, we should start with a much smaller industry, say media. No one in movies, television or the theater should make more than $1,000,000.00 a year. Okay to defer compensation for up to 5 years. Apply to all positions. No double dipping as producer, writer, cameraman, etc. All income from those industries counted. No giving it away to leftist charities before taxes. Think of all the struggling actors that would be able to find work.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014