Rather than socializing the medical profession, we should start with a much smaller industry, say media. No one in movies, television or the theater should make more than $1,000,000.00 a year. Okay to defer compensation for up to 5 years. Apply to all positions. No double dipping as producer, writer, cameraman, etc. All income from those industries counted. No giving it away to leftist charities before taxes. Think of all the struggling actors that would be able to find work.
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago