Yes. It doesn't take a genius to also understand that increased minimum wage creates a much stronger DEMAND. If labor costs are 20% of the total costs to make a product and labor costs DOUBLE, the production costs increase by 10%! So, a DOUBLING of labor costs raises the product manufacturing cost 10%!
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Harbinger: Rothenberg changes race rating in Arkansas Senate Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Science: On second thought, no, secondhand smoke won’t kill you Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Did conservatives get trolled by Pajama Boy? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: “Anger and fear” are driving America to all this “right-wing nuttiness” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Christie reaches agreement with New Jersey Democrats on in-state tuition for illegal immigrants Allahpundit 8 hours ago