Yes. It doesn't take a genius to also understand that increased minimum wage creates a much stronger DEMAND. If labor costs are 20% of the total costs to make a product and labor costs DOUBLE, the production costs increase by 10%! So, a DOUBLING of labor costs raises the product manufacturing cost 10%!
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 15 mins ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 55 mins ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago