In the final jobs report prior to the election, the Bureau of Labor Statistics has announced that unemployment crept up in October to 7.9 percent, as 170,000 nonfarm payroll jobs were added. The broader "U-6" unemployment statistic is 14.6 percent (up a hair from 14.5 six months ago). August and September's numbers were both revised upward, which is a positive sign. As Jim Pethokoukis notes, average monthly job growth in 2012 has been nearly identical to the sub-par numbers of 2011, and hourly wages remain stagnant at best. The "worst recovery since the Great Depression" continues....
In response to:
Romney is a job creator for Stericycle, the fetus burning business. Clownies, all of you can go apply for a job and help make Mitt a real success story. Don't apply for a job at Romney's Sensata, they are closing up and moving to China.
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 15 mins ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 55 mins ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago