Dr. Williams' rhetorical question doubling as an essay title today presumably needs no answer. Yet, because it was asked, we know that it has been answered – in the affirmative. Yes, contemporary black American (and, to a much smaller extent, British) culture DOES accept this behavior because not only do they, by and large, but they support and encourage their “brothers and sisters” to persist in it. Think I'm kidding (or racist), liberals? See for yourselves. Another Slow News Day has several blog pages devoted to this (and related) topic(s). The most relevant page to Dr. Williams' essay today is ASND's Blacks & Violence page. http://anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com/blacks-violence/ Several related pages...
Each year, roughly 7,000 blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it's 22 times that of whites. Coupled with being most of the nation's homicide victims, blacks are most of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago