Dr. Williams' rhetorical question doubling as an essay title today presumably needs no answer. Yet, because it was asked, we know that it has been answered – in the affirmative. Yes, contemporary black American (and, to a much smaller extent, British) culture DOES accept this behavior because not only do they, by and large, but they support and encourage their “brothers and sisters” to persist in it. Think I'm kidding (or racist), liberals? See for yourselves. Another Slow News Day has several blog pages devoted to this (and related) topic(s). The most relevant page to Dr. Williams' essay today is ASND's Blacks & Violence page. http://anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com/blacks-violence/ Several related pages...
Each year, roughly 7,000 blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation's population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it's 22 times that of whites. Coupled with being most of the nation's homicide victims, blacks are most of...
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 53 mins ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago