The past year has not been kind to the most potent symbols of climate change hysteria. Consider the polar bears. Among the most moving images of the warmists' warnings was the solitary polar bear, supposedly marooned on an ice floe. The image became iconic after it was published in Science Magazine....
..., , but we'll not quibble about three to five additional years, depending on whose data are selected). Readers wishing to do more research on this topic are invited to visit Another Slow News Day's various blog pages devoted to the actual science (as opposed to the emotional appeals – like those to the polar bears) behind AGW hoax. The main page... http://anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com/global-warming/ … introduces the subject (rather extensively, actually, but the format is segmented for user friendliness) while several other pages deal more specifically with subjects touched on today by Ms. Charen – such as polar bears... http://anotherslownewsday.wordpress.com/polar-ice-sheets/ …, glaciers...
In a better world, debates about science -- and nearly everything else -- would be conducted without resort to demagoguery, sentimentality, cynical manipulation, or hysteria. In the world we inhabit, those tactics are dismayingly routine. Still, the great weakness of overwrought predictions of doom is that they can be checked.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago