The 1986 amnesty required the payment of fines and had a few hoops that they had to jump through -- and everyone called it an amnesty including its supporters. The supporters no longer call it an amnesty because to do so would associate it with the failure of 1986. When the fines and inconviences are so small in comparison to the reward,and benefits then it is an amnesty.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Cubans ready to sell out Joanne Chesimard if they get the chance Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- An Obama presser is hardly a “teachable moment” in gender studies Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- NSA Christmas eve docu-dump contains bombshells about [redacted] Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Hot Air’s top 50 posts in 2014: 31-40 Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- What if North Korea didn’t hack Sony? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago