The 1986 amnesty required the payment of fines and had a few hoops that they had to jump through -- and everyone called it an amnesty including its supporters. The supporters no longer call it an amnesty because to do so would associate it with the failure of 1986. When the fines and inconviences are so small in comparison to the reward,and benefits then it is an amnesty.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 8 hours ago