The 1986 amnesty required the payment of fines and had a few hoops that they had to jump through -- and everyone called it an amnesty including its supporters. The supporters no longer call it an amnesty because to do so would associate it with the failure of 1986. When the fines and inconviences are so small in comparison to the reward,and benefits then it is an amnesty.
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 1 hour ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago