Pro amnesty Republicans have lost nothing -- that's the problem. They are just playing rope-a-dope right now while looking for the opportunity to sneak in an amnesty while we are preoccupied with other issues or the political climate is perhaps more conducive. Amnesty is like all other liberal ideas -- it only has to be successful once. It can be beaten back a thousand times, but the one time they can buy the right legislators to get it passed, it is a done deal -- permanent and irrevocable. All of the previous unsuccesful attempts become meaningless. Just like Government run healthcare or any other proposed new entitlement, amnesty will never die -- it's a cancer looking for a weak cell in a diseased body.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago