In response to:
"The bill would make more H1-B visas available to foreign graduates of U.S. universities with advanced STEM degrees who are already in America, allowing us to capitalize on the investment we have made in educating these young people." Investments "we" have made? Who is we? If we are somehow subsidizing these foreign graduates then let's stop it immediately. Otherwise, these graduates are paying for their school and it is they who have made the investment, not a collective "we" or the implied American citizenry. It's a simple transaction. A foreign student pays for their schooling and receives their education in an American University. Nobody owes anyone anything further. Nobody is making an investment with some perceived further obligation beyond what they are paying for or providing. How sad, it used to be the exclusive domain of liberals to turn every form of Government spending into an investment. Now the open-borders wing of the GOP wants to turn amnesty into a form of collecting on some perceived "investment" that the taxpayers have already made.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago