In response to:
"The bill would make more H1-B visas available to foreign graduates of U.S. universities with advanced STEM degrees who are already in America, allowing us to capitalize on the investment we have made in educating these young people." Investments "we" have made? Who is we? If we are somehow subsidizing these foreign graduates then let's stop it immediately. Otherwise, these graduates are paying for their school and it is they who have made the investment, not a collective "we" or the implied American citizenry. It's a simple transaction. A foreign student pays for their schooling and receives their education in an American University. Nobody owes anyone anything further. Nobody is making an investment with some perceived further obligation beyond what they are paying for or providing. How sad, it used to be the exclusive domain of liberals to turn every form of Government spending into an investment. Now the open-borders wing of the GOP wants to turn amnesty into a form of collecting on some perceived "investment" that the taxpayers have already made.
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 3 hours ago