In response to:
"The bill would make more H1-B visas available to foreign graduates of U.S. universities with advanced STEM degrees who are already in America, allowing us to capitalize on the investment we have made in educating these young people." Investments "we" have made? Who is we? If we are somehow subsidizing these foreign graduates then let's stop it immediately. Otherwise, these graduates are paying for their school and it is they who have made the investment, not a collective "we" or the implied American citizenry. It's a simple transaction. A foreign student pays for their schooling and receives their education in an American University. Nobody owes anyone anything further. Nobody is making an investment with some perceived further obligation beyond what they are paying for or providing. How sad, it used to be the exclusive domain of liberals to turn every form of Government spending into an investment. Now the open-borders wing of the GOP wants to turn amnesty into a form of collecting on some perceived "investment" that the taxpayers have already made.
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago