Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents stopped two separate human-smuggling attempts at southern checkpoints over the past three days.
On June 23 at the SR 286 checkpoint, a canine team alerted Tucson Station agents to one Mexican national hidden behind the front seat of a GMC pickup truck, and another was locked inside a toolbox mounted on the truck bed, officials say.
In response to:
You mean to tell me that people respond to incentives?!? Subsidize something and you get more of it?!? Subsidize illegal immigration in the form of another amnesty and with it all of the benefits that accrue to poor legal residents of this country and you get more streaming across the border to reap the rewards Whodathunkit.
As talks about amnesty continue on Capitol Hill, Human smuggling in Southern Arizona is picking up steam. Just yesterday, authorities ran into two incidents of human smuggling. More from KOLD News 13 in Tucson:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 4 hours ago